Assistant General Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
PURPOSE The purpose of the Assistant General Manager is to efficiently manage the restaurant within the policies and guidelines of the company to ensure customer satisfaction and profit maximization. The Restaurant Manager handles the total operational and financial responsibility for an individual unit while adhering to FIG & OLIVE's standards and procedures. The Restaurant Manager will directly perform hands-on work on an ongoing basis to train employees, respond to customer service needs, or otherwise role model appropriate behaviors in the restaurant. Excellent organizational skills, strong customer service skills, and impeccable presentation are some qualities needed by the Restaurant Manager to motivate and develop employees.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Control day-to-day operations by scheduling shifts, ordering supplies and developing restaurant team
- Manage and train staff in compliance with FIG & OLIVE's standards
- Ensure Occupational Safety and health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are followed
- Control Profit & Loss (i.e., Budget attainment) by following cash control/ security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions
- Recruit, interview, and hire quality FOH team; conduct performance reviews, take disciplinary actions, motivate and train the restaurant team
- Communicate reports, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions to Human Resources HQ
- Ensure maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a Preventive Maintenance plan based on company standard
- Ensure food quality and 100% customer satisfaction
- Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate & marketing programs
- Ensure a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team members
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Four year degree in Hospitality, Hotel, or Restaurant Business Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- A minimum of 2-3 years in upscale high volume restaurant management
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Team player with a positive attitude and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Washington, D.C. employment laws
- Extensive customer service and resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Open Table, Micros
- Strong Microsoft Excel and computer skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends and holidays
- Must have exceptional verbal, written and clear communication skills
- Fluency in another language a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, employees and general public while listening to concerns when necessary
- Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to FIG & OLIVE company values
- Must be able to work independently, under pressure and use sound business judgment
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, and organizational abilities
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications.
Please email resume with position in the subject line ("Restaurant Manager") for consideration.
FIG & OLIVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).