SAN System Administrator (19-01645)
- $110K - $120K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Systems Administrator (SAN) - L3
Actual Job Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Clearance Requirement: Active Secret Clearance
The Storage Area Network (SAN) administrator applies a broad knowledge of systems programming/analysis concepts, practices and procedures. Must be competent to work on fairly complex assignments (and/or portions of larger, complex systems) and perform a standard range of system operations activities. Generally, work under deadlines and is capable of handling heavy workloads, operating with only general supervision, although errors at this level can cause delay, expense and/or disruption. Provide functional guidance to less experienced staff. Provides functional and technical expertise to formulate computer system scope and objectives develops and/or modifies procedures to solve problems using information systems. Prepares documentation for computer operations/programs sequencing, performs multiple software functions and supports hardware platforms. Assignments are in technical, scientific and business functional areas. Experienced in executing sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks and work under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
- Monitor and manage multiple IBM SANs for external storage capacity
- Design and optimize SAN utilization and performance
- Maintaining documentation reflecting the current operational external storage environment
- Planning and implementing firmware/management code updates
- Planning and ensuring redundancy for all critical components
- Formatting and assigning external disk space for various operating systems
- Ensuring adequate backup for all recovery scenarios
- Reviewing logs and HW for errors or potential problem alerts and taking corrective action
- Work on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks
- Prioritize competing task priorities
- Work under a cross-matrix management structure
- Required to be on-call and respond in a timely manner
- Ability to coordinate with multiple teams at a time to complete tasks
- Ability to recommend enhancements or improvements to increase efficiency
- The Storage Area Network Administrator has a minimum of 10 years of experience in configuration, security, failover, and optimization of SAN systems. Ideal candidate is also a quick learner; must be able to adapt to quickly evolving technology and priority changes; and have a desire to work closely with other members of the IT/development team.
- Ability to work on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks.
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities.
- Ability to work under a cross-matrix management structure.
- Required to be on-call and respond in a timely manner.
- IBM V7000 Administration
- RedHat Linux Operating System
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager / Veritas NetBackup
- Windows Operating System
- SolarWinds Monitoring
- ITIL v3 Certification
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 7 or more years related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 11 years of experience).
Minimum: Active Secret Clearance and above
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.