- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Wolfgang Puck is opening his celebrated Bar & Grill restaurant in Disney Springs in October.
We are seeking to hire a Butcher to join the team. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, is passionate about the food and beverage industry and enjoys working with people.
Job Summary: The Butcher cuts, trims, bones, ties, grinds meats, and clean poultry and fish using cutlery and powered equipment to portion and prepare meat in cooking form. They will also perform routine kitchen tasks efficiently within the established “Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group” standards in every aspect
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality.
- Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, pork, poultry, and fish, to prepare meat in cooking form including the safe operation of tools
- Cure, smoke, tenderize and preserve meat.
- Scaling, gutting, deboning, skinning or peeling, and portioning of fish/seafood
- Estimate requirements and order or requisition meat supplies to maintain inventories.
- Helping to verify and unload meat and fish deliveries from trucks
- Maintaining, filling and rotating product in meat cases
- Moving meat from coolers to cutting area and returning meat to coolers
- Maintaining high standards for product guidelines in sanitation, freshness, trim and cutting
- Cleaning equipment and tools
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 2 years previous butcher experience in food & beverage industry
- Excellent understanding of various meat cutting and filleting fish methods
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- Must be able to deal with quality control, production control, meat and fish storing
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced kitchen environment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Conversational English vocabulary
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Proficient knife skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Strong team-minded approach to fellow-workers.
- Primary food quality work ethic
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.