NOW HIRING! DISHWASHERS! Matchbox Merrifield
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Dishwashers primary role is to maintain a sufficient supply of clean dishes. The Dishwasher is a restaurant support professional who works with speed and efficiency to maintain sanitary and
stocked dishware to ensure an extraordinary guest experience.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
▪ Operate a commercial dishwasher to clean and sanitize dishes and cookware, which includes bending, reaching, stooping, lifting, and working with cleaning agents.
▪ Hand rinse and scrub dishware, pots and pans.
▪ Organize, dry, polish and restock glasses, dishware and cookware in an efficient manner and
with care to not break dishes and glassware.
▪ Sweep and engage in general cleaning of the kitchen area.
▪ Empty garbage and recycling on a consistent basis.
▪ Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the walk-in pantry.
▪ Participate in the weekly deep cleaning of the kitchen which includes moving kitchen
equipment and thoroughly cleaning behind it.
▪ Participate in the organizing the receiving of kitchen inventory.
▪ Inspect glassware and dishware for smudges, chips, or stains.
▪ May be exposed to allergens such as nuts, seeds, soy, shellfish, and dairy.
▪ Dishwashing experience in a high-volume restaurant preferred
▪ High school diploma (or equivalent) encouraged
▪ Able to read documents and written instructions to understand sanitation requirements, safety rules, equipment operation and maintenance, policies, and standard operating procedures
▪ Certification in food safety and sanitation a plus
▪ Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends and some holidays
▪ Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
▪ High energy and stamina.
▪ Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile, yet small space environment Able to stand, kneel, bend, and walk for up to 8 hours per day.
▪ Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
▪ Able to withstand temperatures up to 105 degrees
▪ Able to communicate effectively in the primary language of the work location
▪ Ability to perform essential functions to company standards with reasonable accommodation
A Culture of Caring
matchbox is more than just pizza and mini-burgers. We’re a community-driven restaurant group that brings people together. Our food is the draw, but it’s our team members working together that create an experience that brings guests back time and again.
The Secret Sauce
At matchbox, people are everything. From restaurant spaces to warm, attentive service, to clean, attractive environments, and fresh, quality food, we work together to make things happen for our guests and team members.
What We Offer
Competitive salary, structured and comprehensive new-hire training, a framework for career development within a high-growth company, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k benefits and more!
All in the Family
A great company is made of great people. And matchbox is made of talented professionals who take pride in delivering extraordinary experiences for others. If that sounds like you, join the matchbox family!