- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The Pastry Cooks responsibilities include preparing quality pastry items such as breakfast items, desserts, breads, creams, simple syrups, amenities, displays/centerpieces and special request items.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Sets up pastry station according to production guidelines.
- Prepares all pastry items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Pastry Chef.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Maintain & strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations & restaurant requirements.
- Meet with the Chef de Cuisine to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Complete Opening Duties:
- Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies.
- Check production schedule and par.
- Establish priority items for the day.
- Inform the Chef de Cuisine of any supplies that need to be requisitioned.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to departmental standards.
- Inform the Chef de Cuisine of any foreseeable shortages before items run out.
- Inform the Food & Beverage service staff of 86’d items and the amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a Chef, Sous Chef or other manager at any time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Previous 2-3 years experience as a Pastry Cook in a high-volume fine dining restaurant required.
- Demonstrate adequate pastry skills & operations.
- Be able to plan & prepare for restaurant, catering, & special events.
- Strong understanding of professional baking techniques. Experience in bread-baking is a plus.
- Occasional environment exposures to cold, heat, & water.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs or more
- Must have Open Availability (AM & PM) & be able to work on weekdays, weekends, & holidays.
- Food Handlers Card / ServSafe Certification
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications.