- $15.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Maria's Italian Kitchen is looking for an experienced Baker for our Central Kitchen located in Van Nuys. Shifts begin at 5:00am.
The Baker is responsible for the preparation and baking of all baked goods. This position is expected to produce quality products that meet our standards while promoting and adhering to safe working habits and guidelines.
- Prepares baked items by following recipes.
- Consistently producing quality baked goods with minimal errors.
- Sets up and maintains workstation including other areas of the department.
- Understands the value for cleanliness and maintains a clean work station at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to understand and speak English in written and verbal form.
- Ability to listen and take constructive critiques effectively.
- Able to prioritize effectively and meet daily expectations in a timely manner.
- One to two years of baking experience, such as, but not limited to; Whole Cakes and Desserts
- Must be able to take direction successfully
- Must be available in the early mornings including Saturday
- Must be a Team Player and have a Great and Fun work attitude
We LOVE…Pasta, Teamwork, Caring People, and a Positive Work Environment. If you love what we love come JOIN our TEAM.
Maria's Italian Kitchen is one of those grand American success stories. It began in the Italian quarter of Hoboken, New Jersey, where Maria grew up learning the recipes for real Italian food of Naples from her mother, Luisa. Maria's Italian Kitchen offers a diverse menu offering fresh and flavorful dishes served by our personable and knowledgeable team.
Our passion is our people, Team Members and Guests alike- our success is driven by Maria's Italian Kitchen's strong company culture of great food, hospitality and atmosphere.
Benefits for eligible employees
Growth within the company
A FUN work environment
100% Woman Owned Business
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO SUCCEED AT MIK?
Que se necesita para tener exito en MIK?
1. You gotta love PEOPLE
Te tiene que gustar a la gente
2. Being Genuinely NICE is a MUST have
Se necista ser genialmente simpatico/a
3. Value Quality Service and Food
Valorar servicio y comida de calidad
4. Be Committed to the Job
Compormeterse al trabajo
5. Be a Team Player
Ser parte de un equipo
6. Doing the Right thing, especially when no one is looking
Hacer lo correcto, especialmente cuando alguien no este mirando
7. Think what is best for the Customer, your Co-Worker, and the Company
Tener en mente lo mejor para el Cliente, tus compañeros, y la compania
8. Know the Value of your position
Conocer el valor de tu posicion
9. Know YOUR Value to the Team
Conocer tu valor al equipo
10. Smile and have FUN at Work
Sonreir y divertirse en el trabajo