(PT) Room Service Cashier Order Taker R163762
- $15.90 - $16.90 Hourly
- Part Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Do you see yourself as a Room Service Cashier Order Taker? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Ideally located on Avenue of the Stars in Century City, the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills Hotel is just minutes away from Beverly Hills and close to LAX airport, Santa Monica and Hollywood. Our property offers 364 elegant guest rooms, including 150 spacious suites, all with private balconies and inspiring panoramic views of the ocean or the Hollywood Hills. Dedicated to providing guests with exceptional service, the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills evokes a unique combination of understated elegance and modern luxury.
Your day to day
Handle room service orders via phone from guests. Ensure orders are accurately posted to the appropriate guest account.
- Answer the telephone within prescribed number of rings. Efficiently and professionally handle multiple incoming calls at once.
- Articulate and repeat each other to the guest before hanging up. Use guest name and title.
- Follow established script to encourage up-selling.
- Give guest the approximate time of delivery
- Correctly enter all pertinent information of an order including special items, cooking meat instructions, no seasoning (MSG, Salt), etc.
- Close checks to correct guest's room account.
- Print reports and/or complete paperwork at the end of shift.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate VIP deliveries with appropriate departments.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Qualifications include basic reading, writing and math skills and ability to handle multiple incoming calls and work on a keyboard. Previous experience in a customer service position is preferred.
This job requires the ability to to perform the following:
- Handle multiple incoming calls
- Working with a keyboard.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when taking room service orders and interacting with guests, cooks, and supervisor.
- An alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cards is necessary, as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when recording orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when recording and adding guest checks.
- You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.