***This organization participates in E-Verify***
***Este empleador participa en E-Verify***
The Line Cook II will provide chefs the timely and quality preparation of foods using a variety of equipment and utensils in an effort to continuously operate a highly regarded restaurant on a local and national level. He/She will also maintain the cooking environment clean and safe for all staff members and flexibly takes on various culinary tasks as they arise. The Line Cook will receive instruction/guidance from Lead Line Cook and culinary management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Line Cook II will primarily work on kitchen line stations of Garmo/Pantry, Ovens, and Desserts; and will prepare necessary ingredients for assigned station on a daily basis. Line Cook II is knowledgeable in Line Cook III job duties.
• Comply with Standards of Service and assist in ensuring the same from all kitchen employees.
• To follow all specifications to properly and efficiently cook all food items in high quality, taste, presentation, including accommodation special guest requests, within specified time limits.
• Demonstrate advanced culinary technical skills required in food preparation and use of kitchen equipment for a four-star fine dining restaurant.
• Responsible for checking and maintaining proper temperatures throughout preparation, cooling, holding and serving of food items including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperatures.
• Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with cooking utensil to determine that food is cooked properly, according to specifications.
• Responsible for final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items.
• Inform the managers of supplies that need to be requisitioned.
• Inform the managers of any foreseeable shortages before food items run out.
• Rotates product according to “First In, First Out” to maintain shelf-life standards.
• To stock/restock and supply storage areas as needed, to accommodate business needs.
• Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
• To communicate all guest request to an appropriate cook in a timely and professional manner.
• Clean and organizes workstations and surrounding areas as necessary.
• Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all departments.
• To follow all company/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures.
• Strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines
• To immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous conditions.
• Present a professional appearance and in uniform at all times.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Job description may be changed at any time.
• Cold line: Minimum of 1 years of experience as prep cook or a combination of education and work experience.
• Hot/Saute line: Minimum of 1 years of experience as a line cook or a combination of education and work experience.
• 4 or 5 star background, knowledge and ability to implement such standards (Preferred).
• Previously worked with multi-unit operations from fine dining to casual (Preferred).
• Valid California Food Handlers card
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
• Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions in English.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Knowledge of kitchen operations and production.
• Good communication skills (verbally interacts with management and team members.)
• Possess excellent knife skills and be able to operate basic kitchen equipment.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Guest service orientation and commitment to quality service.
• Have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
• Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Constant standing and walking.
• Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
• Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
• Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
• Generally, in an indoor setting.
• Work is performed in the kitchen area with exposure to heat, cold, fumes, and steam.
• Will be using a computer occasionally.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
• The work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE AMERICA Plan Do See is a global hospitality company with a core business in hotels, restaurants & bars, wedding & events, and consulting. Plan Do See’s headquarters are located in Tokyo and New York. Their mission is to create hospitality destinations around the world that offer memorable experiences and together build a lasting, positive relationship with our guests, partners, employees and communities. Plan Do See has been honored with a top 3 spot on the list of The Best Workplaces in Japan recognized for its dedication to sustain high-trust cultures for their employees.
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.