- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
The Server’s role is to provide exemplary service for our guests in accordance with Matchbox quality control and service standards. The Server is a hospitality professional who is warm, genuine, and engaging, as well as efficient and accurate to ensure an extraordinary experience for all our guests. The Server is required to demonstrate the competencies and perform the essential functions set forth in this Profile. This Profile reflects the typical daily functions of this position; it does not prescribe or restrict additional tasks that may be assigned and considered essential to this position.
- A minimum of 6 months experience in high-volume, upscale casual dining or an equivalent service environment preferred
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Must be of legal age to prepare, serve, and ring alcoholic beverages (FOH only)
- Certified in (or able to be certified in) responsible alcohol service (where required by state, city, or municipality) (FOH only)
- High energy and stamina. Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile environment
- Able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends, and some holidays
- Able to perform essential functions to company standards with reasonable accommodation
- Able to communicate effectively in the primary language of the workplace
It all started when three friends teamed up to bring to life a dream they believed in. Combining their life savings, they opened their first restaurant in Chinatown, DC.
With more than 60 years of restaurant experience combined, these three friends utilized their passion and entrepreneurial spirits to create something bigger than serving food.
Since then, their restaurants have begun to span the country and they have established roots in various cities to become part of the neighborhoods.
Matchbox -- Casual, cool and contemporary. Join family and friends on an outdoor patio or beside a fire pit to enjoy chef-driven bistro fare or wood-burning oven pizza. Pair a craft beer or cocktail with your meal for the perfect evening.