Housekeeping Assistant Manager
- $50K - $55K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position: Housekeeping Assistant Manager
Assist to manage and coordinate all facets of Housekeeping throughout the hotel. Helps to ensure high levels of guest service and satisfaction with cleanliness and comfort of guest facilities. This includes rooms, laundry, public areas, meeting space, department storage areas and work areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with hiring, terminations, training/development, and performance appraisals for Housekeeping staff.
- Assists the Executive Housekeeper in the development of the department’s annual budget.
- Maintains cost control system for staffing linen inventories and cleaning supplies.
- Assists with department schedules and payroll by daily review to ensure costs are within budgets.
- Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guests needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Maintains room quality to The Garland’s standards.
- Compiles and reports accurate room status of guest rooms to the front office.
- Enforces standard procedures for the appearance, security and return of guest lost and found items.
- Approves daily purchases, levels of inventory, and supplies for guests, using written inventory control checklists and purchase orders. Keeps written records of usage and uses forecast information as a tool to assure supplies are available at all times.
- Inspects guest rooms by visually viewing rooms and documenting discrepancies on a daily/weekly basis to ensure standards are met.
- Enforces all resort policies and procedures.
- Maintains a position working relationship with other departments.
- Responds immediately by acting upon negative guest comments to take corrective action and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in hospitality or related field a plus
- Prior experience in hotel housekeeping with four or more years as a manager or supervisor in a property of similar size.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication is required.
- Ability to read and interpret business records, statistical reports and financial information.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven.
- Must possess strong organizational /time management skills.
- Able to develop camaraderie with team members.
- Act ethically and honestly in all business practices and builds professional relationships by promoting mutual trust.
- Ability to hold yourself, employees, and organizations accountable for their actions.
- Ability to maintain composure and remain pleasant under high pressure situations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.Education: 2-year degree preferred, plus 1 or more years of supervisory experience in the hospitality industry.