- $60K - $70K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
At Sticky’s, a General Manager is the leader of the restaurant and the face of our brand. General Managers are enlightened leaders who work through their team to achieve high standards. The General Manager is required to regularly and customarily exercise discretion in managing the overall operation of the store. A majority of time is spent supervising and directing the workforce, making staffing decisions (i.e., hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, discharging, staffing and scheduling), ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality, managing the stores financial performance, and managing safety and security within the store. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Sticky’s core values and guiding principles.
- Displays a customer comes first attitude by training and holding staff accountable for delivering exceptional customer service.
- Plans and communicates appropriate responsibilities and practices to staff to ensure smooth operations.
- Manages with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Sticky’s.
- Demonstrates a calm exterior presence during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to set an example for the store team.
- Drives the implementation of programs by developing action plans and directly motivating the staff to implement them.
- Provides coaching and direction to the store team.
- Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to achieve operational goals.
- Confidently handles guests’ complaints, concerns and service issues with grace; solution focused
Planning and Execution
- Utilizes tools to identify and prioritize communications to the store team.
- Constantly monitors and manages staffing levels to maintain store operational requirements.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of all areas of the restaurant.
- Ensures completion of inventory, inputting and reconciling food orders, and creating team member schedules.
- Manages labor deployment in the restaurant to ensure hourly labor is within parameters of set labor budget
- Monitors food waste and inventory and resolves food quality issues
- Maintains and manages food cost within the restaurant; if issues arise, helps to troubleshoot and come up with a solution
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues.
- Uses all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store.
- Ensures and is accountable for adherence to applicable wage and hour laws.
- Regularly uses discretion in accessing external resources to support store operations and to execute company initiatives.
- Responsible for completion all administrative duties including banking, Cash Handling policies and responsibilities, Loss Prevention audits, and office paperwork
- Handles all worker’s comp and guest injury incidents
- Ensures completion of Sticky’s food safety checklists to ensure proper food handling.
- Has an adequate understanding of HR policies and procedures. Educates team on and enforces all appropriate policies.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and retaining a team of all top performers
- Monitors restaurant equipment and ensures it is kept in good repair.
Crew Member Development/Team Building
- Challenges and inspires crew members to achieve business results.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with staff by understanding individual motivation, needs, and concerns.
- Actively manages store crew members conducting performance assessments providing feedback and setting goals.
- Manages ongoing crew member performance using performance management tools to support organizational objectives.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using organizational tools and programs.
- Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful store team.
- Leads difficult conversations, manages performance, and resolves potential conflicts amongst staff in a confidential manner