ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE - WEDDINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS
- $18.00 - $22.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Our Accounting Associate – A/P reports to the Controller. They help to maintain and control the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization through the timely input and payment of vendor invoices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processing of invoices received from event centers in weekly packages
- Research and reconciliation of vendor statements to ensure all invoices have been processed/paid
- Research and resolution of any posting issues/discrepancies
- Liaison between event center and corporate office for any issues
- Assist with other accounting projects and responsibilities as needed and assigned
- SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results, prepare documentation.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Hands-on detail-oriented tasks.
• High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
• 4+ years of related accounting work experience required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• A good Team Player with a positive attitude towards collective team success.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision accounting software
Our company culture fosters teamwork as well as individual accountability--and a competitive compensation and benefits package!
We look forward to hearing from you, learning about you and your experience, and why you think you would be a great fit for us at Wedgewood!
Thank you for your time!