- $12.00 - $14.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are looking for cooks with experience in high quality Chinese cooking. Candidates need to be ready for high volume and used to working in a scratch kitchen. We are a chef driven restaurant with a unique take on modern Chinese cuisine.
Excellent wok skills are a huge plus.
The cook is responsible for preparing food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Blackbrick Chinese is the latest passion project of Chef Richard Hales and crew. Chef Hales reinvigorated Asian food in Miami with his first restaurant Sakaya Kitchen in 2009 and food truck Dim Ssam a gogo in 2010. Blackbrick Chinese was one of the most anticipated openings of 2013 and has been received to critical acclaim. Miami New times says"Blackbrick in Midtown Serves the Chinese Food You've Been Waiting For" and Miami Herald critic gave Blackbrick "3 Stars, Very Good"