- $45K - $50K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
Location: Bethesda, MD
ALTA IT Services is seeking a full time Junior Buyer to support it's Procurement/Subcontracts team.
Ensures the procurement of suitable supplies, services, and equipment in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Ensures such procurements fall within the requirements and limitations defined by the applicable authorization.
The individual holding this position works under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Procurement and functions as a liaison between internal project management teams, sources of supply, and sales representatives. Judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness are required in making decisions regarding quality and cost of products required.
- Obtain Quotes from vendors for purchases under $100K.
Produce, Receive, Track and Evaluate quotations and bids for required products.
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain COTS products at the best quantity/cost.
- Prepare purchase orders and changes for required products.
- Purchase material and services via the Procurement P-Card and maintain and reconcile the Procurement Log monthly and provide to AP for payment
- Maintain communication with suppliers during course of procurement action to ensure timely delivery in compliance with the requirements of the procurement document
- Update and maintain the Reps and Certs database
- Update and maintain the Insurance cert. database
- File and maintain all procurement files.
- AS/AA Degree in Business or an associated discipline or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three years experience in purchasing materials or related environment.
- Working knowledge of Deltek CostPoint
- Working knowledge of Federal Procurement (Knowledge of CPSR would be a plus)
- Working knowledge of FARs and DFARs
- Knowledge of sources for supplies and electronic components (national and local)
- Good communication skills, both written and oral