Case Manager, CVN
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Our Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic (CVN) is seeking applicants for the position of Case Manager. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Case Manager serves as the bridge between clinical services and essential community resources. The Case Manager facilitates direct referrals for housing, employment, healthcare, legal, educational, peer-support and all other essential community-based needs for clinic clients. The Case Manager manages referral partnerships by continuous engagement post-referral, ensuring the provision of quality care. The Case Manager assists the clinical team in understanding resources and needs within the clinic community. The Case Manager is estimated to support ~250 patients/year or 70 patients at a time (based on expected utilization levels).
Essential duties and position responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive case management to veterans and their families who are seeking mental health services.
- Interviews veterans and their family members.
- Provides appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Prepares and maintains confidential case records.
- Consults with service providers and community partners on resource-related issues.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information.
- Collaborates with clinical team to perform risk management and crisis intervention services as necessary.
- Develops network of trusted contacts within organizations in which to refer and coordinate care.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Follows care follow-up procedures to ensure veterans and/or their family received the services they were referred to and do not have any follow up needs.
- Assists veterans and their family members navigate service providers across multiple systems of care.
- Provides services via telehealth platform, as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 1+ year’s case management experience; 3+ years preferred. 2+ years in a customer service focused environment.
- Knowledge of/ experience working with local social service, public health, and VSO organizations and resources.
- Experience working with a military or veteran population is preferred.
- Must demonstrate leadership capacity and ability to foster team-building and a supportive, flexible environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, supportive services personnel, funders, and the general public. Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to adapt to change. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel; PowerPoint and Access a plus.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to maintain boundaries.
- Ability to assist veterans in developing a budget.
- Ability to negotiate veterans or their family members down from stressful situations, potential threatening behaviors. Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions.
- Knowledge of case management services and community resources.
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.