PALIHOUSE MIAMI BEACH | CHIEF ENGINEER
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
OPENING SUMMER 2019
Paligroup is currently seeking a Chief Engineer for the Palihuse Maimi Beach location.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- An individual who likes being active all day and not in an office environment
- An independent worker can follow a task list with minimal supervision
- An individual who is detailed oriented and enjoys enhancing the guest in room experience by ensuring the hotel is well maintained
The role of the Chief Engineer is to ensure that the hotel is operationally sound and preventative maintenance is adhered to by the maintenance staff. The Chief Engineer takes a proactive measure to ensure that the hotel is running smoothly and reports any issues to the Housemaster or General Manager.
- Perform preventative maintenance repairs and inspections as mandated by local municipality and/or requirements on systems such as: fire suppression and sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, backflow prevention device testing and AC systems
- Assist in handling requests for service calls, evaluate requests and respond as necessary
- Rapid response of all emergency situations. Record and file reports as mandated
- Assist maintenance staff and other departments as needed. Guide and train maintenance staff on proper repairs and servicing of equipment
- Report to the Housemaster regarding opportunities for efficient use of energy, preventive maintenance, and/or other cost-savings measures
- Organize and keep the maintenance department clean and stocked with supplies
- Assist or inform the Housemaster when supplies are needed and par levels are low.
- Ensure that work orders and external task are completed in a timely manner
- Communicate with the Housemaster and other department heads regarding issues and concerns that needs to be addressed. Work to find solutions
- Walk the hotel and look for issues
- Work with guest to ensure that they are satisfied and their concerns are taken care of in a timely manner
- Lead by example at all times and stay visible to staff
- Be part of a leadership team of brand advocates who believe in what Palihotel Seattle has to offer and who are personally invested in its success.
- Foster an environment where team members know they are valued, ensuring they are treated fairly and with respect.
- Assist in building a culture of open communication, spend time with team members and be available for them (open door policy).
- Continuously strive to improve and maintain client and guest experiences.
- Be a leader in managing the overall reputation management of the hotel
- Continue to give the brand a voice – naturally showcasing what the brand has to offer and its virtues to others (employees, leaders, owners). Easily translate a passion for the brand into a unique experience for both guest and employees.
- Personify the best values of the brand, demonstrating exceptional work ethic and service delivery for all employees on property.
- Effectively manage wages and controllable expenses
- Focus on maximizing the financial performance of the department
- Monitor performance against budgets and goals
- Respond to and handle guest comments and complaints when required
- Ensure all outside maintenance contracts are in good order
- Lead and manage a team of engineers and ensure optimal communication
- Ensure Engineering Schedule is always properly covered
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of AC systems & refrigeration
- Must be able to work in varied temperatures, indoor & outdoor environments under stressful weather conditions
- Must be able to work within hazardous environments and promote a safe work program for the maintenance staff. Work often requires being in surroundings within proximity to moving mechanical parts, electric currents, exposure to high heat and/or chemicals, and working on scaffolding and/or high places
- Must be able to work with skilled machinist equipment; such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch in tight restricted spaces
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and shifts – weekends & holidays as needed by the department
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must use good judgment
- Must be able to work as a team to drive results
- Must be an organized individual and prioritize well
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a good work ethic
- Must display a positive attitude
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent, required
- Some college or higher education preferred, but not required
- 5+ years’ experience working in general repair and maintenance
- Professional skilled trade licensing in plumbing & electrical preferred, but not required
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
Paligroup Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its CEO.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.