- $13.00 - $15.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
JOB DESCRIPTIONTakami Sushi and Robata Lounge is seeking qualified candidates to round out our dynamic team at the front door. We are situated high above the streets of Los Angeles with impeccable views. Our family environment has been a cornerstone of our 10-year success downtown, and we are excited to bring in a new family member.
Job Title: HOST/HOSTESS
Practice strong telephone and guest service etiquette. Accurately record reservations. Warmly greet and seat guests in the highest professional manner.
Essential Functions: These requirements/functions may change over the course of employment.
1. Greets guest in a warm welcoming manner.
2. Answers incoming telephone calls in a prompt and professional manner and according to Takami standards. Records and distributes messages accurately.
3. Records reservations accurately and clearly in the reservation system. Manages reservations to effectively seat entire dining room.
4. Appears and acts in a professional manner. using a warm greeting and welcoming guests with a smile.
5. Possesses knowledge of food and beverages served as well as promotions and special events.
6. Understands the mechanics of service and can arrange tables for large parties. Able to set tables in accordance with established guidelines.
7. Maintains restaurant entrance, desk, and restrooms throughout shift.
8. Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a manager at any time.
9. Interacts verbally and listens attentively to guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
Skills set (Knowledge & Abilities):
1. Communicating well in English on the phone (including giving appropriate directions to the restaurant)
2. Writing in English clearly and legibly
3. Answering guests questions in a polite and friendly manners
4. Being able to regularly perform the essential functions of the job (standing and moving around for up to 8+ hours per shift)
5. Seating reservations on time (no later than 10 minutes)
6. Proficient knowledge of the restaurant layout (i.e. tables, seats and station numbers)
Work Habits & Attitudes:
1. Arriving on time, dressed properly, and ready to work with a positive attitude
2. Demonstrating a positive, friendly, and hospitable attitude toward guests and co-workers
3. Working well and remaining calm and composed under pressure
4. Being organized, paying attention-to-detail, multi- tasking, and having a sense of urgency
Company Core Values & Policies:
1. Being a supportive team player, working well within a team and demonstrating self-initiative 2. Maintaining a well-groomed appearance at all times (following all uniform guidelines) 3. Respecting and following the company policies and procedures; following supervisors' and peers' directions well; maintaining a clean and safe restaurant according to health and safety codes 4. Promoting and maintaining the Takami's style of operations, service, and core values (honesty, integrity, intelligence and modesty)