Assistant Selling Department Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Responsible for assisting Department Manager with customer service, staff development, merchandise presentation, selling events, sales promotion and stockroom controls. In addition, has ownership for all aspects of a specific merchandise category including sales performance, inventory control and customer service.
- Customer Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Written Communication
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Process Management
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience, preferably in retail or service environment is preferred.
- 37.5 hours per week and must be flexible to work nights and weekends based on the business needs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates works towards the goal of enabling our customer to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.