Restaurant Hospitality Manager/Maitre D’
- $50K - $56K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position Purpose: Oversees guest engagement (including arrival/departure) ensuring an effective flow of seating/service and all of the components involved at the highest level of hospitality ensuring expected standards and sequence of service adhered to throughout. Effectively handling guests’ complaints, and passing on information needed to ensure communication with all departments
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensures that operating standards are met and ensures that the established service sequence is adhered to
• Interview applicants and produce input on selection for Host team
• Create and maintain ongoing training Standards of Service for Host team to ensure standards are being met
• Conduct ongoing trainings to uphold Standards of Service
• Conduct performance evaluations of Host staff and make recommendations on F&B staff promotions and/or demotions to Senior F&B Managers and Director of Food and Beverage
• Ensures Host team provides positive first and last impression of guests when entering and leaving the restaurant
• Ensure Host team delivers The Garland’s Standards of Service (e.g. Sequence of Service, proper phone etiquette and verbiage, proper greeting and farewell to guests, etc.)
• Coach and discipline Host team members on The Garland’s Standards of Service and document and record disciplinary actions
• Assess Host team performance and provide feedback, including but not limited to promotions, disciplinary actions, and terminations, annually and throughout the year
• Create, prepare, and coordinate work schedules for Host Team
• Manage distribution of seat covers to service staff both fairly and effectively to ensure flow of restaurant to prevent any delayed service.
• Fosters, creates, maintains relationships with VIP hotel guests and VIP local residents
• Effectively manage guest reservations via all channels to best suit flow of business for restaurant efficiency and to maintain the highest level of service.
• Collaborate on and provide recommendations and ideas to provide better customer service and increase number of guest reservations
• Fully understands and can guide guests through the food menu and beverage list from the standpoint of ingredients and preparation of the dishes to the delivery and service expected to accompany the dish.
• Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties
• Ensure a neat, clean, organized, and safe work environment
• Manage seating of guests to effectively keep kitchen organized and timed correctly
• Has thorough menu and F&B product knowledge
• Maintain a high profile in the operation
• Set up and maintains Open Table/reservation systems
• Conduct daily walk through of the area of responsibility
• Conduct daily pre-shift meetings
• Actively collects guest information and maintains guest preference log.
• Provides consistent communication with the host team, service staff, and rest of management team.
• Listen to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, product and personnel involving/notifying management
• Ensure host stand is meticulously clean and organized
• Ensure that all employees provide courteous and professional service at all times.
• Maintain a positive and outgoing attitude on the job.
• Build and maintain good working relationships with associates
• Has a complete understanding of the Hotel’s/Company’s employee handbook and to adhere to its’ rules and regulations
• Hold Host team accountable to maintain high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times by adhering to the Grooming Policy.
• Demonstrate ability to learn and change behaviors based on feedback from Restaurant General Manager and Director of Food and Beverage.
• Routinely shows up to work in a timely fashion prepared to work.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least one year of F&B management/supervisory experience, preferably in a food driven and high service level establishment preferred.
• Proficient in Micros and Open Table preferred.
• Able to speak proficiently about seasonal food ingredients while passionately guiding guests through a menu.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all spirits to include small batch vodka, gin, bourbon, whiskey, tequila, aperitifs, cordials, and Scottish whiskey.
• Comprehensive knowledge of beer to include production, styles, and California microbrews.
• Able to learn and retain new menu information on a daily basis in order to effectively articulate to guest.
• Able to speak proficiently about overall taste and composition of all spirits, beer and wine.
• Able to read, write and speak verbally in English. Excellent communication skills and familiarity with the hospitality industry.
• Able to establish and maintain an effective relationship with all department management, staff, personnel and general public.
This position reports to the Restaurant General Manager and Director of Food and Beverage
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
A unique neighborhood gathering place, The Front Yard, showcases LA's diverse flavors in a setting as casual and comfortable as an evening at an old friend's house. Come on over anytime and we'll set you a place around the table.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!