- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The dish and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Other duties as directed.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
This job operates in a kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
Ability to read and comprehend labels on chemicals.
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience working in commercial kitchen.
Blackbrick Chinese is the latest passion project of Chef Richard Hales and crew. Chef Hales reinvigorated Asian food in Miami with his first restaurant Sakaya Kitchen in 2009 and food truck Dim Ssam a gogo in 2010. Blackbrick Chinese was one of the most anticipated openings of 2013 and has been received to critical acclaim. Miami New times says"Blackbrick in Midtown Serves the Chinese Food You've Been Waiting For" and Miami Herald critic gave Blackbrick "3 Stars, Very Good"