Banquet Waitstaff (On Call)
- compensation depends on experience
- Temporary / Seasonal
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Great opportunity at newly renovated hotel!
Embassy Suites Arcadia is proud to unveil a whole new look! From our guest suites, atrium, lobby to our exquisite Meeting and Banquet space. Designed with you in mind, our vibrant transformation features contemporary furnishings and more room to relax! Embassy Suites already leads the way of all-suites full service hotels with its three pillars: two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and complimentary evening reception! Come work for the leading brand today!
Passionate about hospitality? Customer-service oriented? Want a career and not just a job? We want to hear from you and meet you right away!
Of course, as in any other career there are requirements (these are not the only requirements or a detailed job description):
- Availability (open to mornings, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends). For this position, we are looking mainly for availability on Friday and Saturday (morning/evening)
- Customer-Service driven.....AGAIN Customer-Service driven (this is VERY important)
- Outside-the-box thinker
- Team player
- Proven record of excellent attendance
- Proven record of steady job history
- Open to training and development
- Cashier/money-handling experience, if applicable
- Able and willing to stand for long periods of time if needed
- Experience in a 3-4 star hotel desired
Purpose for the Position*:
To set up banquet table linens, place settings and centerpieces, serve all food and beverages and clear away dishes and table linens in a professional manner and in compliance with company policies, and legal considerations.
- Sets up all banquet function table linens, china, silverware, glassware, and centerpieces.
- Sets up waiting and beverage stations.
- Sets up all perishable items for banquet service such as bread, butter, and cream.
- Serves all food and beverages to banquet guests.
- Clears away all dishes and items used in the service of a banquet, including the linens.
- Ensures the proper storage of all items from equipment to perishable foods.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Prepares for future banquets by folding napkins, filling condiments, and performing other duties as required.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Use arithmetic to total cost and make changes
- Talk with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
- Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
- Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle things like dishes, money and merchandise.
- Lift and carry things like heavy trays.
WCG offers many benefits including**:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Time Off Sellback (Yes! You can sell us your unused PTO)
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- 401(k)/Roth IRA
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hotel Discounts (Hilton Team Member Travel Program)
- LifeMart Discounts.
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.
Other hourly positions available*: Guest Service Agent (Front Desk), Sr. Housekeeping Supervisor (Room Inspector/ress), Room Attendant (housekeeper), Housekeeping Houseperson, Bellperson/Driver, Kitchen Dishwasher/Stewart.
*Positions are not guaranteed to remain open for any certain period of time. Status of full/part time or on-call may change without notice **Benefits can stop/change at any time with or without notice