New Store Opening Restaurant Shift Supervisor | Assistant Manager
- $16.25 - $19.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
NEW STORE OPENING, BE PART OF OUR TEAM!
Sweetgreen coming to Pike and Rose in North Bethesda!
We are Hiring Restaurant Shift Supervisor + Restaurant Assistant Manager for our Montgomery County Locations: Bethesda, Silver Spring and our Newest Location Pike Rose, coming early 2019.
Our Restaurant Managers lead our stores so we call them Line Leads and Store Leads!
They are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our business, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique. Line Leads and Store Leads help drive sweetgreen's values within the stores - creating a family environment where all feel welcome to enjoy a healthy meal together. We are looking for happy, humble, and hard-working people to join our growing team.
Every great team is led by a great leader. You lead enthusiastically, with a focus on exceptional customer service and results. Your responsibilities include everything from mentoring team members to managing all front and back of house operations, you will help to ensure that our in-store processes are executed as smoothly as possible by running brilliant shifts. You will report to the Head Coach (General Manager), but will be empowered to make your own decisions that create the best overall experience for our guests.
- Leading by example and being a role model for the standards and behaviors consistent with sweetgreen’s core values and culture.
- Oversee store opening and set up, closing + breakdown & cleaning
- Ensuring that food safety and security standards are met and adhered to consistently + Perform multiple daily food safety & quality checks
- Train and coach new team members
- Train existing Team Members on standards, new processes/procedures and seasonal changes
- Deploy team, ensure all Team Members uphold standards in both Kitchen and Service zones
- Lead pre-shift meeting (“Sweet Talks”)
- Submit nightly reporting
- Run brilliant shifts
- Connecting with the local community by executing sweetgreen’s local marketing and community involvement initiatives.
- Serving as a role model for high quality, hands on, floor management - including effective deployment of labor.
- Maintaining food service and production levels by leading strong BOH and FOH execution.
- Addressing performance issues quickly and respectfully by coaching, counseling, and managing any conflicts.
- A passion for food and restaurant operations + Restaurant and food experience
- Customer service-oriented: Passion for the guest experience, service driven
- Previous experience supervising, leading and coaching a team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with food and kitchen equipment
- Passionate about real food: appreciation for the greater mission of farm-to-table foods
- A quick and adaptable learner and teacher
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Positive attitude, ability to motivate a team on a day-to-day basis
- Collaborative communication skills
- Ability to be accountable and hold others accountable in upholding high standards
- Self aware, receptive to constructive criticism and active in taking action to constantly improve
- Ability to champion a strong understanding and appreciation of local and organic products, and reinforce this understanding to their team.
- A can-do work ethic and the ability to take initiative on projects.
- A passionate, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- Competitive wages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- sweetgreen gear and tenure rewards through our ‘Shades of Green’ program
- Competitive wages
- A clear career path with opportunities for advancement and career development
- Free sweetgreen gear and tenure rewards through our 'Shades of Green' program
- Healthy and delicious shift meals
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.