Front Desk Agent
- $17.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position: Front Desk Agent/PBX Operator
Department: Guest Services
Position Purpose: To meet all guests needs in an efficient and courteous manner according to hotel standards and procedures.
- Greet and welcome all arriving guest, process check ins and departures as well as necessary payments.
- Handle and coordinate room assignments and accommodate guest requests.
- Offer referral for information and handle brief concierge requests.
- Handle group arrivals.
- Receives and resolves guest’s complaints.
- Promote and invite guests to use hotel’s restaurant and facilities.
- Maintain cleanliness of work stations and lobby appearance.
- Stock and prepare necessary material for each shift.
- Monitor Front desk areas for safety, security and appearance and reports any injuries, accidents or problems as necessary.
- Maintains efficient communication with other departments (ie: Housekeeping/engineering/Sales)
- Responsible for accurate cash control and ensuring that all funds are accounted for and deposits made according to policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professional attitude and good organizational skills.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Ability to use a variety of computer applications, industry software knowledge is an asset.
- High school diploma is required
- Post secondary training in hotel or tourism management is an asset
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset.
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!
Check us out on Instagram @garlandcareers