- $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
We at Señoreata are seeking upbeat, passionate, organized plant based food enthusiasts to join our kitchen staff. Knowledge in prep, food prepared times, food safety, vegan food are a must in order to succeed in this position, with room for growth.
• Sets up and stocks stations with all necessary supplies according to restaurant guidelines.
• Prepare food for events and catering orders (e.g. dicing vegetables, preparing sauces and marinades, grilling jackfruit, refiling event kit, etc.) in a sanitary and timely manner.
• Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
• Answer, report and follow chef or kitchen manager instructions.
• Cleans and maintains station (including dish washing and equipment cleaning) in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers, customers, and shared kitchen members.
• Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the company.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout shift as well as taking an inventory count at the end of shift.
• Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
• Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
• Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
• Familiar with industry’s best practices
• Culinary school diploma
• Proficient knife skills
•Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
•Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• English language and professional communications skills are required.
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
• Valid Food Handlers Certificate (30 days from date of hire to obtain)
•Valid California Driver’s License.
• Basic measurement knowledge and conversions for recipe batching.
• This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
• Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
• The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
• Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking directions in English.
Wednesdays 10 AM - 2 PM
Fridays 8 AM - 1 PM