Certified Scrub Technician - Eye Surgery
- $20.00 - $35.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are looking for a part-time (currently only one day/week) certified surgical technician to assist in surgery.
Experience with eye surgery a must!
** We are located just 30-min drive (against traffic) south of Dallas in Waxahachie. **
The tech will assist the circulating nurse in preparation of surgical patients by performance of routine and delegated duties according to standards and policies.
The Surgical Technician scrubs for surgical procedures, cleans instruments and rooms, and opens for cases using aseptic technique and the standards of care. The Surgical Technician will monitor inventory and stocks OR rooms. The individual works closely with surgeons to provide excellent patient care. In addition, as it relates to reprocessing job duties, the surgical technician is responsible for all decontamination, cleaning, inspecting, packaging, sterilizing and labeling of reusable items. The Surgery Technician assists in facilitating the daily surgery schedule and intake of facility supplies.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist and anticipate needs of surgeon relating to instruments, sutures, sponges and supplies according to technique, procedure and special requirements
- Prepare for surgical and special procedures cases
- Picking supplies and equipment for the procedure
- Ensuring that all necessary supplies and equipment are available
- Maintaining inventory and stock rooms
- Familiarize self with procedures performed
- Know and understand surgeons’ preferences (2 surgeons)
- Maintain sterile technique at all times
- Provide care based on the age-related needs of the patient with consideration of their developmental/psychosocial needs, environmental safety, educational needs, communication style, and level of understanding
- Stocks and cleans environment between cases and at the end of the schedule
- Assists with turnover of the O.R.
- Assists circulating nurse in proper care of specimens
- Sorts, cleans, and decontaminates all instruments, equipment, and other reusable items
- Examines, inspects, and tests equipment and instruments, and is current on all cleaning and decontamination procedures
- Operates sterilizers according to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Follows proper procedures for items being sterilized
- Sets up, packages or wraps all reusable items for terminal sterilization
- Knows how to identify instruments and can recognize shortages of instruments and equipment from trays and sets
- Labels and documents all forms, stickers, charts, graphs, etc. that are involved in terminal sterilization and quality assurance according to policy
- Maintains all implant logs up to date
- Transfers frozen sections to lab as necessary
- Maintains confidentiality of the patients’ records and protects the patients’ privacy
- Participates in performance improvement program
For this role, you must have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
We hope (but don't require) that you also have:
- Current certification
- Minimum 6 months OR experience