Program Director, Bridge
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Coordinates and directs all services for the residents in the Bridge Housing Program and Veterans in Transition Apartments. Manages and coordinates Department of Veteran Affairs Per Diem contracts and other treatment contracts as assigned. Develops and meets the goals of all assigned contracts. Supervises all Substance Use Disorder case-management staff, SUD interns and program residential managers. Network with other service providers on behalf of program participants, and in an effort to make them aware of available beds within the program. Represents the agency in civic activities. Prepares and implements program curricula as required.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Coordinates and directs all Program related service
- Plans and coordinates with the clinical staff all groups related to mental health and substance use disorders
- Assures clients are adhering to their Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Implements and enforces all program guidelines and rules.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and maintains direct involvement with residents.
- Conducts weekly community meetings for all residents.
- Supervises Resident Managers
- Supervises the screening of applicants for Bridge & Service Intensive Transitional Housing (SITH) services.
- Coordinates transition within the program, and transition to non-residential services upon graduation.
- Coordinates policy and procedure changes within the program.
- Conducts new resident orientations as needed.
- Familiarizes staff with policies and procedures of the agency
- Assures that both interns and staff receive periodic training in workshops, seminars and other activities to stay current with the provision of program services.
- Represents VVSD in civic activities as well as attends all related program meetings.
- Monitors funding and reporting requirements
- Prepares a monthly board report
- Performs outreach services as necessary
- Monitors resident census to maintain compliance with funders requirements
- Maintains and monitors archival records
- Reports to governmental agencies as may be required by contract and/or regulations
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a working knowledge of mental health issues and Substance Use Disorders?
- Certified as a SUD Counselor in the state of California highly preferred
- Prior experience supervising employees
- Prior experience working in a residential setting preferred
- Prior experience working in a Multi-Disciplinary Team environment preferred
- Experience in dealing with Veterans issues
- Understanding of issues that affect veterans, particularly homeless veterans
- Ability to recognize severity of mental health and substance use disorders by conducting an initial, assessment of applicants.
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Knowledge of Service Point a plus
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description
- Must have privately owned vehicle, current driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.