Sous Chef - Hourly
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
To supervise, coordinate and participate in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel engaged in preparing and cooking foods in the restaurant.
- Estimates food consumption and requisitions or purchases foodstuffs.
- Receives and checks foodstuffs and supplies for quality and quantity.
- Selects and develops recipes.
- Supervises personnel involved in preparing, cooking and serving.
- Cooks and otherwise prepares foods according to recipes.
- Cuts, trims, bones and carves meats and poultry for cooking.
- Portions cooked foods and gives instructions as to size of portions and methods of garnishing.
- May hire, train and discharge workers.
- May maintain time and payroll records.
- May plan menus.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for your work.
- Read recipes of items to be prepared.
- Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
- Use arithmetic or shop geometry to figure amounts of material needed, dimensions to be followed and cost of materials.
- Picture what the finished product will look like.
- Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as it is turned out.
WCG offers many benefits including:
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- EAP, Hotel Discounts
- LifeMart Discounts.
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.