Front of House Supervisor
- $18.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Job Summary: The Front of the House Supervisor is responsible mainly for the day to day operations of the front of house duties of the restaurant and catering functions, including wait staff/bartenders, with some kitchen supervision in the absence of the head chef.
- Prepare restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Oversee a staff of about 20 waitstaff and bartenders, including scheduling
- Clean and organize restaurant prior to opening and after closing
- Maintain a fully stocked bar, including all needed bartender’s tools
- Retrieve and correctly count cash from accounting prior to daily opening
- Adhere to proper food safety standards
- Oversee the appearance of food displays and the quality of food being served
- Assist in developing procedures for the maintenance of high quality food
- Monitor cleanliness and general appearance of restaurant
- Assist in serving food to customers during high volume periods
- Troubleshoot POS system problems as needed
- Perform end of night accounting/close out procedure (side work, banks counted, etc)
Customer Service Expectations: With large amount of customer contact, must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional.
3-4 years of work experience in the food service industry
1-2 years of management experience in the food service industry preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid organizational and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of food safety issues
- Knowledge of POS systems
- Valid proof of food safety certification prior to employment
Physical and Mental Demands: Requires prolonged periods of standing and walking, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Some bending and squatting to move food and supplies.
Work Environment: The position involves some exposure to open flames and hot items, and the use of potentially hazardous sharp cutting utensils.
CONJURING UP LIFE ON THE CÔTE D’AZUR.
NODS TO PROVENCE, BASQUE COUNTRY, AND CLASSIC FRENCH BISTRO
INTERPRETED THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PRODUCT AND LOS ANGELES SAVIOR FAIRE.