Pastry Sous Chef
- $50K - $60K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
As Pastry Sous Chef, you will be expected to produce the daily supply of gluten-free breads, pastries, cakes, and other baked goods needed for service each day. You will work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure all products are in line with company recipes. With a strong knowledge of food safety and cleanliness standards, you will ensure that your workspace is always thoroughly clean. Growth opportunities are available to team members that demonstrate exemplary work ethic, teamwork and hospitality.
- Produce high quality, consistent breads, pastries, cakes, and other baked goods that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements.
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours;
- Make sure that the professional equipment is in good conditions and signal any malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients.
- Successfully manage time and resources.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, conscious way to all team members. Helping to positively problem solve, and offering solutions and support where necessary.
- Must be able to train subordinate chefs and the kitchen staff. Have teaching strategies that convey information clearly and in an accessible manner.
- Continue to work with Executive chef to develope the current menu.
- 2+ years professional Pastry and Artisan Bread experience.
- Pastry/Culinary School strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Kosher baking preferred.
- Vegan baking experience strongly preferred
Modern Bread and Bagel
Brunch is not just for the weekend. Cold Smoked, House Cured, and Citrus Poached Salmon as well as a variety of unique cream cheeses complement our kettle boiled Ancient Grain Bagels. Our all day menu features creative egg dishes inspired by our favorite cafes in Sydney and Tel Aviv with dishes ranging from Red or Green Shakshuka to Corn & Goat Cheese Fritters with Eggs and Chili Jam.
We do as much as we can in house, squeezing our own juice, blending our own teas, churning our own butter, and even making our own cereal! Our breads include a Goat Cheese & Onion Focaccia, a Lentil Pugliese, and a Seeded Multigrain that can be topped with smashed avo, labneh, homemade hummus and more. Full-time baristas craft a variety of tea lattes and espresso drinks with coffee from Australian owned Grumpy Roasters in Brooklyn. Our pastries are also made on site and serve as the foundation for yummy dine-in dishes like our Cinnamon Babka French Toast topped with Caramelized Apples.
We are confident you will appreciate our commitment to artisan production methods and hope that you will visit soon to dine with us or take advantage of our excellent take home options.
Arba is a modern Israeli restaurant that is dedicated to artisan and natural food, with a focus on fish, cheese, vegetables, and fresh baked bread that everyone can enjoy.
We offer a unique seven course tasting menu which reflects Mediterranean flavors and culture. Our Chef is constantly creating new dishes to keep things interesting and changes the menu weekly to ensure we are always using the freshest ingredients.