- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The power of food is revealed in the illustration of its ability to be understood, the confusing modernity is lost on the masses and the old and tried will be always be preferred even by those who prepare such modern masterpieces.
The ASSITANT BUTCHER is responsible for leading the butcher shop team in achieving the optimum professional service to internal and external guests.
The person who fulfills this position is an individual with humility and enthusiasm, someone who is interested in growing with Echo & Rig and will seize the opportunity to learn about managing a business.
Essential Functions: Must be willing and able to:
Train and supervise newly hired employees
Communicate effectively with other stakeholders
Provide an example of leadership and organizational skill, fostering a collaborative work culture, and motivating a high-performance team
Develop familiarity and knowledge of a broad range of butchery concepts and techniques
Understand equipment required to produce, store, age and protect food.
Understand History of Butchery, including cuts and traditions in other parts of the world
Practice effective Time-Management
Must speak English Fluently
Additional Language Skills desirable (Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian)
Working Kitchen knowledge
Experience in Cutting
Leadership of Multiple Employees
Accountabilities: Must be willing and able to:
Accountable for Scheduling/Payroll & Inventory Reporting
Ability to interpret and analyze daily & monthly financial metrics reporting and make changes as necessary
Understanding Excel/Microsoft Office
HACCP/ Advanced Food Protection Commitment/Experience
Assisting in maintaining a HACCP plan
Overseeing the maintenance and completion of logs/necessary tests
Knowledge of microbiology (Understanding of the Good And Bad Bacteria needed to enhance flavor or which renders food dangerous) And GMP standards a plus
Understanding of Kitchen philosophies
Ability to recommend best cooking methods for the home cook
Be an active team player
Follow supervisor’s instructions
Perform under more than average stressful conditions
Make appropriate judgment calls under stressful condition
Lead a team of co-workers and effectively delegate appropriate duties to achieve optimum service to guests
Maintain clean and orderly work area throughout shift and leave it ready for the following shift
Acquire and wear appropriate uniform as prescribed in the training manual
Maintain and clean uniform
Maintain a well-manicured appearance and persona that reflects the established image of the restaurant
Read and be accountable for the information in the Echo & Rig employee handbook
2+ years butcher experience
Cross Age Groups/Cultures/Language Barriers
Working Knowledge of Spanish, Italian or French a plus.
Personality & Appearance
Warm & Welcome service attitude
Welcoming/Great Smile/Eye Contact/Firm Handshake
Great Memory/Attention to Detail
Minimal Ego/Maximum Self Confidence
Ability to look at a problem as an opportunity to create a solution
Clean and well kempt
Must be willing and able to:
Provide examples of standards or operations documents that they implemented to increase some form of...
Sales/efficiency/cleanliness/education of staff and customers
Willingness to train a new staff to become advocates for E & R
Good Public Speaker
Humility & Morality
Master English language sufficient to communicate effectively
Meet personal schedule requirements punctually
Be a Self-motivator
Must be able to provide 5 references
Project a friendly, courteous and pleasant attitude
Get along with co-workers
Safely transport containers that weigh up to 30 lbs. from any area to the dish washing area
Stand and/or walk for entire shift
Safely transport items to and from the kitchen on a slick and uneven surface
Transport dishes, bus tubs and/or trays from the dish washing area to any table in the restaurant and vise versa
Safely move about in all areas of the restaurant
Accept constructive criticism
Work a variable and flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends and holidays
• Associates Degree from two-year college, university or culinary academy. or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportion to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Computer Skills: Accounting Software, Inventory Software, Database Software, Order Processing Systems, Payroll Systems, Human Resource Systems, Spreadsheet Software, Internet Software, Word Processing Software
• Department of Health certification
• Cooking, knife, and safety skills.
Envisioned by acclaimed chef and restaurateur Sam Marvin (creator of the much-celebrated Los Angeles restaurant Bottega Louie), Echo & Rig has reimagined the modern steakhouse and created a new and exciting dining experience.
Echo & Rig’s flagship restaurant in Las Vegas launched in 2013 and quickly earned numerous accolades. Recent awards include: Las Vegas’ Restaurant Bar of the Year in 2016 and Best off Strip Restaurant of 2017 by the Southern Nevada Hotel Concierge Association.