Farmerbrown Line Cook
- $18.35 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
Farmerbrown Line Cook
This is an exhilarating time to join an expanding company at our San Francisco International Airport location. We are currently in search of a friendly, knowledgeable, excellence-oriented Line Cook with a passion for people to join our team. We offer an extensive training program, a team-oriented environment and future opportunities for growth within a dynamic restaurant group.
WHO WE ARE
Working with us is more than a job! We are passionate about what we do. We are a family owned California-based company committed to reinventing airport dining. Our mission is to provide a unique dining experience with by providing great tasting food where travelers can relax and forget the hectic airport environment. High Flying Foods is a growing company that partners with exceptional local restaurateurs and offers opportunities to learn and grow within the industry.
- 1+ years of experience cooking in a high volume restaurant
- Open availability including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to read, speak and write (basic) in English to effectively communicate with coworkers and customers.
- Must be able to work as a team with coworkers to complete job responsibilities to meet service and quality guidelines
- Must have the ability to memorize and recite recipes, ingredients and other menu items.
- Must be able to convert measurements per recipe guidelines.
- Must demonstrate proper knife handling skills and other kitchen equipment safety
- Must possess ability to perform basic sanitation practices
- Must possess a valid Food Handler’s Card or obtain one during training upon hire as required by law.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, twist and kneel for duration of shift.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks.
- Greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner (as applicable)
- Follow all recipes and practice portion control to prepare, garnish, and present ordered items.
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the kitchen/station on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all required food, paper products, and condiments.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
- Responsible for set-up, regular maintenance, cleaning, and break-down of any machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storage of all perishables daily to ensure product quality.
- Complete prepped food lists and other checklists as required.
- Return all items used during your shift to the proper place, clean and organize all work and storage areas.
- Perform general and specific cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned by manager to adhere to health standards.
- Meet with manager upon arrival to discuss shift set-up, and check out with manager before leaving to ensure duties are completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent work/life balance
- Competitive union wages
- Free union health benefits
- Union pension
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Free employee meals
- Employee parking
- Opportunities for advancement
**Must be able to pass a Criminal Records History Check and Security Threat Assessment (STA) to obtain an airport-issued badge and show proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.**
High Flying Foods Restaurant Group, experts in airport dining, is committed to serving delicious handcrafted food. This, paired with our friendly counter service, results in a relaxed, healthy, and affordable dining experience for travelers all over the state. We work with talented restaurant professionals and offer opportunities to learn and develop your skills within the industry. We are a growing company that offers opportunities for advancement within SFO as well as into other airports such as Oakland, San Diego, and Dallas with more to come! We are looking to hire Line Cooks for our newest restaurant, Farmerbrown, in the San Francisco International Airport.
Check us out at http://highflyingfoods.com/ to learn more!