AM Prep Cook
- $15.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Responsible for the preparation of food, cleaning of kitchen, and assists Executive Chef with projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Measures ingredients and prepares them in accordance to chef’s specifications.
- Washes and peels ingredients in order for them to be used in different meals.
- Cuts and portions different types of meat according to specifications.
- Prepares different types of food from the menu, following carefully the recipes.
- Portions the food and prepares the dishes for plating.
- Packages take-away food for clients.
- Places food trays under food warmers, so that the food arrives in good conditions at the table.
- Distributes the plates to be served to the waiting staff.
- Accepts or rejects ingredients from food suppliers, based on their appearance and quality.
- Keeps track of ingredient quantities and ensures there are always enough for the day/week.
- Stores ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are the best preserved.
- Informs superiors when the ingredients stock is getting low or when the kitchen tools do not work properly.
- Cleans and sanitizes the working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area.
- Carefully supervises the food temperature and the temperature from cooling rooms, to ensure that the ingredients kept are kept at the appropriate temperature.
- Swipes the remaining food from plates and puts them in the dishwasher/washes them.
- Washes the kitchen floor before closing.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of kitchen tools and utensils.
- Good coordination.
- Good learning skills.
- Ability to work following verbal instructions.
- Work well under pressure.
- Must have food handlers certification.
Education: High school diploma or GED required;
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience as Prep Cook or Line Cook, in 4-Star or higher rated restaurant preferred. Experience in multi-outlet, and high volume and quality food production.
Certification: Current food handler certificate.