- $11.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The server assistant is responsible for maintaining a clean and welcoming environment, as well as providing guests stellar service. This position is responsible for ensuring that empty tables are ready to receive new guests, delivery of beverages/food items to guest tables, polish glasses, clean/sweep restaurant if necessary, clear and reset tables during and after service, bring back bus tubs to kitchen, as well as sweep or vacuum the surrounding floor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a clean, well-groomed, professional appearance at all times.
- Directly responsible for assisting servers and bartenders in all and any tasks
- Deliver food to tables carefully ensuring that they are brought out in a timely manner, presenting each dish to guests.
- Clears dishes, sanitize and sets tables, sweep or vacuum the surrounding floor in a professional and effective manner.
- Grooming of the entire restaurant and its perimeters.
- Serve guests, bread, butter and water, provide refills as needed.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Communicate with servers and hosts to ensure efficient seating and table utilization
- Respond appropriately to guest requests.
- Ensure bar and liquor storage areas are clean, stocked and well organized by closing time.
- Ensure a consistent flow of services to guest by assisting servers/bartender with all aspect of their job functions.
- Prepare sliced fruits, garnish, and other accoutrements for bar service ensure supplies, and ingredients for drinks are available to the bartender at all times.
- Uphold cleanliness of bar spaces, all glassware, bar tops, tables, floors, and bar tools/equipment.
- Possess knowledge of current food/drink choices, brands, specialties, origin, and preparation methods.
- Stock all service areas and maintaining adequate supplies during meal period.
- Ensure that each and every guest is treated in a friendly, professional, and timely manner.
- Thank guests as they are leaving.
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
- Exhibit professional grooming standards as outlined by management.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Follow all company/bar/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- One (1) year of experience in restaurants as a service assistant
- Two (2) years of experience in restaurant industry (Preferred)
- valid Food Handlers card
- High school diploma
- Basic Math Skills add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Strong guest service orientation.
- Good communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests).
- Identify and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to take directions and be a team player.
- Multi-task oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing, sitting, and walking.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop.
- Be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
- Exposure to extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate to loud.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company with a core business in hotels, restaurants & bars, wedding & events, and consulting. Plan Do See’s headquarters are located in Tokyo and New York. Their mission is to create hospitality destinations around the world that offer memorable experiences and together build a lasting, positive relationship with our guests, partners, employees and communities. Plan Do See has been honored with a top 3 spot on the list of The Best Workplaces in Japan recognized for its dedication to sustain high-trust cultures for their employees.