THE HART + THE HUNTER | LINE COOK
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Paligroup is looking for a Line Cook for The Hart & The Hunter to start immediately.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
An individual that has a love of cooking who is looking to gain leadership experience in a professional kitchen and grow in the culinary arts. Someone who is detail and quality oriented.
As a Lead Line Cook you are responsible for leading & assisting the kitchen brigade in the preparation and cooking of produce.
List the key people that this role will interact with:
- Sous Chef
- Restaurant Manager
- Executive chef
- Complete preparation of produce as instructed
- Adhere to the cleaning schedule for the kitchen
- Maintaining stock rotation when taking in deliveries and using produce
- Understand the functional administration of the restaurant, i.e., docket procedures, stations, table numbers, food labeling etc
- Knowledge of the full menu
- To work as part of the wider restaurant team
- To comply with legal requirements under the H&S act 1974 and food hygiene
- Adherence to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs
- To escalate maintenance issues to the relevant parties
- Knowledge of the full menu, and able to give a description of all dishes
- All food prepared to specification
- Cleaning completed and recorded
- Stock items used in the correct order
- Ability to describe all dishes on the menu
- All work areas set up ready for other members of the team when you leave them
- Tasks completed in good time
- Food labels and temperature records completed
-Assist with dishwashing on slower days, as we are a small kitchen and most line cooks also help with leaning duties.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Must be energetic and outgoing
- Must be service oriented
- Demonstrates a full understanding of their role and carries it out in line with their job description
- Works effectively with the rest of the team
- Is able to prioritize tasks and demonstrate effective time management and coordinating, controlling and managing different resources
- Communicates clearly, professionally and concisely whilst actively listening to others and giving consideration to their needs and opinions.
- Tries to take the bigger picture into consideration and is confident as to when and where to seek guidance and clarity from senior members of the team.
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Requires mobility and prolonged standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
- Experience: 1 to 2 years previous experience as a cook.
- Licenses or Certificates: Food Handler Certification required
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance(specific standards will be provided)
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an EEO Employer.