THE HART + THE HUNTER | LINE COOK
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Paligroup is looking for a Line Cook for The Hart & The Hunter to start immediately.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
An individual that has a love of cooking who is looking to gain leadership experience in a professional kitchen and grow in the culinary arts. Someone who is detail and quality oriented.
As a Lead Line Cook you are responsible for leading & assisting the kitchen brigade in the preparation and cooking of produce.
List the key people that this role will interact with:
- Sous Chef
- Restaurant Manager
- Executive chef
- Complete preparation of produce as instructed
- Adhere to the cleaning schedule for the kitchen
- Maintaining stock rotation when taking in deliveries and using produce
- Understand the functional administration of the restaurant, i.e., docket procedures, stations, table numbers, food labeling etc
- Knowledge of the full menu
- To work as part of the wider restaurant team
- To comply with legal requirements under the H&S act 1974 and food hygiene
- Adherence to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs
- To escalate maintenance issues to the relevant parties
- Knowledge of the full menu, and able to give a description of all dishes
- All food prepared to specification
- Cleaning completed and recorded
- Stock items used in the correct order
- Ability to describe all dishes on the menu
- All work areas set up ready for other members of the team when you leave them
- Tasks completed in good time
- Food labels and temperature records completed
-Assist with dishwashing on slower days, as we are a small kitchen and most line cooks also help with leaning duties.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Must be energetic and outgoing
- Must be service oriented
- Demonstrates a full understanding of their role and carries it out in line with their job description
- Works effectively with the rest of the team
- Is able to prioritize tasks and demonstrate effective time management and coordinating, controlling and managing different resources
- Communicates clearly, professionally and concisely whilst actively listening to others and giving consideration to their needs and opinions.
- Tries to take the bigger picture into consideration and is confident as to when and where to seek guidance and clarity from senior members of the team.
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Requires mobility and prolonged standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
- Experience: 1 to 2 years previous experience as a cook.
- Licenses or Certificates: Food Handler Certification required
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance(specific standards will be provided)
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an EEO Employer.
The Hart and the Hunter:
The Hart and the Hunter serves tapas style Southern cuisine with a California influence. H&H was ranked as one of the best new restaurants in LA in 2012, and was included as one of Jonathan Gold's 101 best restaurants in 2014.