- $12.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- The dishwasher covers a variety of tasks throughout the restaurant and supports every department within as described in the principal duties below.
- Competitive pay: $12 hourly
- Employee discounts
- Free shift meals
- Flexible scheduling
- A great working environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dishwashing Machine: A dishwasher must be able to load and unload a dish-washing machine. Certain pots, pans, utensils and silverware must be loaded correctly, which helps the machine operate efficiently and effectively. The temperature has to be at the correct setting and the correct amount of dish-washing liquid should be used. Periodically, a dish-washing machine will break down and the dishwasher may be required to fix a jammed part. Machines also have to be assembled and reassembled before and after use.
- Trash/Cleanup: Dishwashers also are required to take out the trash and make sure it is secure inside of Dumpsters. Garbage cans should be supplied with new garbage bags. Some are required to sweep floors, mop and make sure the dish-washing area is neat, organized and clean. They should make sure no food scraps are left on the cabinets, sinks, tables or dish-washing equipment. All food areas should be wiped down and sanitized.
- Dining Area: Dishwashers may be required to bus the dining areas. When customers have completed their meals, dishwashers are sometimes required to clean the tables by putting dirty dishes on a tray and taking them to the dish-washing area for cleaning. They have to organize the dining area so that chairs and tables are situated and ready for patrons.
- Food Assistance: Dishwashers have to make sure they observe all of the food-safety requirements established by an organization. At times, dishwashers are called on to assist the cook with certain procedures and techniques regarding food preparation and service. Some dishwashers have to provide service and attention to the back storage areas, as well as the coolers and freezers.
- Store Utensils: Once the dishes, pots and pans have been cleaned, the dishwasher must make sure they have been properly stored and organized so that other kitchen workers will have immediate access to them.
- Applicants must be 18 or older to apply
- Must be able to tolerate the heat.
- Must be able to stand harsh chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Ability to lift 50 to 100 pounds during the course of the day.
- Must be able to bend, kneel or stoop.
We were raised on the Mediterranean Diet, one of the healthiest ways of eating in the world: pasta, bread, fruit and vegetables are our daily choice. We prefer to eat together because a shared table is an everyday celebration. We do it with pleasure because our food is Good for You and Good for the Planet. That’s why eating well in a Barilla Restaurant comes naturally. Because we prepare the same recipes that Italians eat every day, 7 days a week