Front Office Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Windsor Capital Group Inc. is looking for a focused Front Office Manager with passion, personality, highly motivated and drives for continuous improvement for their newly renovated Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia.
The Front Office Manager is responsible for overseeing all the Front Office operations that include coordinating front office activities of hotel and resolve problems arising from guests’ complaints, reservations, and room assignment activities. Responds to unusual requests and inquiries to maintain high-quality service. Responsible for the functional areas of reservations, guest registration, telephone services, and guest accounting to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel.
- Assigns duties to associates and observes performances to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Ensures proper staffing levels for customer service goals.
- Confers and cooperates with other managerial staff to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the hotel’s Front Office operations
- Achieves budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the guest services department. Develop and recommend labor cost plans and objectives and manages within those approved business plans. Contributes to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
- Maintain front office and gift shop inventory
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Windsor Capital Group standards and procedures
- Perform all tasks of a Front Office Staff as needed to facilitate service
- Ensure all operations and cash handling are done per policies and procedures
- Maintain information on prices, rates, specials, packages, programs, etc, while ensuring all staff are trained in all areas
- Analyze, investigate, and resolve guest complaints
- Create expectations, lead people, manage processes, and hold people accountable for the agreed upon activities and timetables
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Greets important guests.
- Arranges for private telephone line and other special services.
- May patrol public rooms, investigate disturbances and warn troublemakers.
- May interview and hire applicants.
- May receive and process advance registration payments.
- Develops short-term and long-term financial and operational plans for the guest service department, which relate to the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Increases the level of guest satisfaction by delivering an improved product through employee development, job engineering, and quality image.
- Manages in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Manages the reservation function to maintain the highest possible room occupancy and average daily rate through suggestive selling by employees.
- Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions.
- Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security, and emergency procedures.
- Receives departmental-related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
- All other duties as assigned by the General Manager or the Corporate Office.
Skills and Abilities:
- Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
- Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
- Analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
- Understand the government regulations covering business operations.
- Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts.
- Make business decisions based on your own experience and personal opinion.
- See differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs.
- Deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
- Plan and organize the work of others.
- Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Speak and write clearly.
- Able to effectively work with other team members by maintaining a positive attitude and culture.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; a minimum of 3 years of Front Office supervisory experience in guest service, front desk, or related professional experience in the hospitality industry.
- High level of IT proficiency
- High level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities
- Experience of managing people and developing people
- Previous experience of managing a department and Profit and Loss account
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Familiar with Property Management Systems
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
Windsor Capital Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Windsor Capital Group Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.