Floral and Event Design Logistics Crew Member
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Are you the creative type and looking for a part-time fast paced position with an event company of all types? Well we have the job for you!! We’re hiring for many different positions, as our company is rapidly growing and multiple positions need filled. Tasks would include, week of event preparations and help with execution on week days and weekends. Your schedule would be dependent on our wedding and event schedule which includes both late nights and weekends. The following open positions would assist the Floral and Event Design Supervisor in completing all event tasks within a given deadline. Events in our industry include: corporate events, social events, and our specialty, weddings. We’re looking for fun, energetic individuals to join our team to create memorable events.
- Processing of fresh flowers and attending to their weekly needs.
- Organization of client and company decor and vases.
- Pull, clean and prepare necessary supplies, decor and vases.
- Work with a daily production supervisor and team of 3-5 other designers of varied skill sets.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Motivated individuals with an eye for bettering systems.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking with the ability to formulate ideas into action.
- Have excellent organizational skills; to accurately pack necessary items for each event, and execute events flawlessly.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Must possess a strong work-ethic with a team-oriented attitude to pack, design and install events within a given deadline along sign a team of designers.
Check out some of the events you could be a part in producing by visiting the video links below:
The JDK Group Catering & Events is Central PA’s premier catering and event-planning company where clients, and their special life moments, come first. Since 1987, we’ve continued to reinvent the standards for events and hospitality for the areas surrounding Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York. With over 25 years of event management experience and the ability to plan a celebration for 15 to 15,000 people, our talented a passionate team offers exceptional guest service, incredible fresh food, and innovative event design.
At JDK, we pride ourselves on being a passionate team. In fact, we’ve promoted 75% of our current team in-house. It’s why our customers expect nothing less than an amazing event from us. We set a very high standard for ourselves, and constantly innovate by embracing, not fearing, change.
JDK also offers a 401k with up to a 4% match after 1 year with 1,000 hours for our Part-Time Warehouse workers, as well as free lunches.
One employee wrote:
“What I love about JDK is that the team is amazing.I have found a new passion in the catering business. It’s also awesome that there are tons of opportunities to move up within the company, from server to sales rep. My favorite thing is wedding season. I love making people happy with my drinks! I really do get paid to party!”
So, if you’re interested in being part of our creative and diverse event-planning team, please attach a cover letter and resume.