JUICER IN ORGANIC SUPERMARKET
- $15.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Co+opportunity is a full-service, community-owned market & deli specializing in locally made, natural and organic food and wellness products. "The co-op" has deep, 44-year-old roots in LA County. In fact, we were integral in starting the Santa Monica Farmer's Market!
Co+opportunity serves our diverse community and we know that great food means different things to many people. We love food and people who love food too. Our stores offer a full selection of wholesome products that give our customers lots of choices about which products are good for the health of their families, the community and the world.
A juice maker is responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining all tools (e.g., blenders, food processors, paring knives) that are used on the job. This includes troubleshooting, making minor repairs and alerting management if a piece of equipment is irreparable. The juice maker is also responsible for ensuring that the food preparation area is clean, maintaining compliance with any employer policies and government regulations.
Sound like you and the co-op are a match?
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Greeting all customers with a smile.
- Describing menu items and any featured items.
- Assisting customers in the ordering process by making recommendations and explaining the nutritional value of each item.
- Up-selling matcha and juice drinks.
- Creating juice blends according to customer and restaurant specifications.
- Processing payments promptly and correctly.
- Offering kind and friendly words to the customer including “enjoy your meal” and "hope to see you again soon.”
- Inviting customers to recommend to friends or write a Yelp or Google review.
- Re-stocking water station with utensils, napkins, disposable cups, and straws.
- Following recipes accurately.
- Minimizing waste when possible.
- Following all cleanliness and sanitation procedures including frequent hand-washing.
- Completing all side-work as directed by the end of the shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent Medical/Life/Vision/Dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Bonus program
- 20% Employee Discount
- Employee assistance program (free mental health and legal assistance)