- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time
- 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The Server leads restaurant guest interaction throughout the dining experience and ensures that all guests have the highest quality dining experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Comply with Standards of Service, including menu recommendations and upselling
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages
- Maintain knowledge of current food/drink choices, specialties, origin, taste and preparation methods.
- Serve food courses appropriately and alcoholic beverages to guests, answer questions on menu selections
- Detail tables throughout restaurant, ensuring proper placement of napkins, utensils, and condiments are appropriately ready
- Clear and reset table at the end of each course
- Responsible for communicating guest orders to kitchen, including any special needs or requests (allergies)
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability
· Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests
· Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable)
- Thanks guests’ and kindly invites them back for future dining
· Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise
· Be ready and willing to assist service assistants with clearing and resetting tables
- Inform the managers of supplies that need to be requisitioned
- Complete assigned daily side duties, to accommodate business needs
- Clean and organizes side stations and surrounding areas as necessary
- Maintain positive and effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all departments
· Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- To follow all company/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous conditions
- Present a professional appearance and in uniform at all times
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description may be changed at any time
- Minimum 2 years experience as server in a fine dining establishment
- 4 or 5 star dining background, knowledge and ability to implement such service standards
- High School diploma
- Valid CA Food Handler’s Card
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English
- Basic math skills, ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, kitchen staff, and team members)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Guest service oriented and possesses commitment to quality service
- Have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Constant walking with some standing
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20 pounds.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
- Generally, in an indoor setting; at times in an outdoor patio setting with shade covers and heaters when needed
- Will be utilizing POS system regularly
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- The work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE AMERICA Plan Do See is a global hospitality company with a core business in hotels, restaurants & bars, wedding & events, and consulting. Plan Do See’s headquarters are located in Tokyo and New York. Their mission is to create hospitality destinations around the world that offer memorable experiences and together build a lasting, positive relationship with our guests, partners, employees and communities. Plan Do See has been honored with a top 3 spot on the list of The Best Workplaces in Japan recognized for its dedication to sustain high-trust cultures for their employees.