- $70K - $85K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Water Front is hiring a qualified, eager, responsible, intuitive, and energetic who can help us expand our business, and hold our vision with consistency and professionalism.
We require at least 5 years of busy restaurant management, and five years of restaurant experience. Overall, the GM will be responsible for the daily management of the restaurant, and ensuring that performance standards of employees are met, and that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
The General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, he/she will oversee the inventory and ordering of food/beverage and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The GM will work closely with and report to the Director of Operations and Ownership. The manager’s duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee and manage all front of house areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on important matters involving guest service
- Understand and be able to demonstrate proper restaurant etiquette; including table service, customer care, HR policies, guest communication, leadership
- Adhere to and help to better develop company standards and service levels
- Increase sales and minimize costs; including food, beverage, supply, utility, and labor
- Responsible for all related administrative duties involving payroll, invoicing, orders, reporting, etc.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleaning and maintenance of kitchen and dining area
- Ensure compliance of company policies / state, federal and local laws, and ordinances
- Ensure proper opening and closing procedures
- Ensure positive guest experience in all areas.
- Respond to guest complaints and taking any necessary actions to turn dissatisfied guests in to return customers
- Build rapport and establish relationships with community members and guests
- Maintain a calm, collected demeanor while on the floor; treating all employees and guests with respect and as equals.
- Ensure a safe environment for employees and guests
- Have the best interest of Butcher’s Daughter in mind. Treat this restaurant as you would your own home.
- Manages shifts correctly; including daily decision making, scheduling and planning while upholding standards, product quality, and cleanliness
- Conduct proper orientations and training of new employees
- Develop employees by providing feedback and encouragement; establishing procedures, and conducting performances reviews
- Maintain and accurate and up to date plan of restaurant needs
- Prepare schedules and make sure that the restaurant is fully and properly staffed. Overseeing overtime, breaks, and employee meals and discounts
- Keeps the Director of Operations informed of all issues by providing daily reports and maintaining proper and good communication
Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
With the guidance of Director of Operations, work with management team to establish and achieve budgeted goals.
We are fun loving active people who enjoy the excitement of fast paced food and beverage. We're relaxed about life but serious about being on point at what we love... hospitality.