Chef de Cuisine
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
ORGANICALLY GROWN, LOCALLY SOURCED, SEASONALLY DRIVEN AND SPANISH INFLUENCED; GASOLINA IS BRINGING SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND WELCOME TO THE TABLE.
Gasolina Cafe, located on Ventura Blvd in Woodland Hills is growing! As we prepare to move into our new 50 seat home we are looking for a Chef de Cuisine to join our family. Our menu is comprised of Spanish influenced cuisine, and we are unapologetic about our passion for providing the very best guest experience for our customers without holding it over their heads. We serve a chef driven menu, sourcing local and Spanish ingredients, and above all, are obsessed with the details. If that sounds like you, then it’s possible that you’ve just found your spot.
- Menu development, prepare recipes weeks or months in advance based on customer demand, seasonal ingredient availability, and special events. You will collaborate with the owner/executive chef to discuss menu options and develop creative dishes throughout the year.
- Coordinate and oversee prep. Review customer orders as they come in, assign tasks to sous chefs and prep cooks, and ensure that food is delivered on time. As chef de cuisine you will direct both kitchen and restaurant staff.
- Hands on in every aspect of the kitchen: Must be comfortable working all stations and cleaning as well as directing and over seeing the teams daily tasks.
- Maintain quality and reputation by monitoring and tasting food. Oversee kitchen staff throughout the cooking process, checking to make sure that every element is cooked, seasoned and plated to our standards.
- Select and source ingredients. You will work directly with farmers and suppliers to order fresh and seasonal items. You will be expected to have excellent budgetary and financial management skills in order to balance ingredient quality with costs and concerns for the restaurant’s profitability.
- Experience with in-house and offsite catering, seasonal holiday menus and events
- Manages inventory to achieve desired food cost and minimize waste.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and safety.
- Involved with employment and termination decisions including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Understanding of all Google Doc programs (Sheets, Pages), Microsoft Excel and understanding restaurant financials (P&L etc. )
- Outstanding work ethic and drive to succeed.
- At least 3 years experience as a Chef de Cuisine or Kitchen manager in a similar chef driven concept.
- A genuine passion for the hospitality industry and ability to positively influence the workplace with an upbeat and inspirational attitude.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal labor laws.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of financial aspects of business operations.