- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Spago Beverly Hills is seeking an experienced Bread Baker to join the team. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in fine dining culinary arts with a passion for hospitality and who thrives in fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The Key Ingredient Is Our People! Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group is always looking for bright, energetic, hospitable, talented people who share our passion for creative food and artful hospitality. We'd love to hear from you!
The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group has established our restaurants with the objectives of providing a unique cuisine paired with a special ambience in order to create a memorable fine dining experience for our guests. Our restaurants are part of our continuous effort to offer superlative quality and the highest level of gracious and courteous guest service. To perform successfully, our employees must not only have the qualifications and abilities to perform each of the essential functions of this position, but also must continually strive to meet or surpass The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group's objectives and exacting standards.
Job Summary:A bread baker performs a variety of baking duties and assists with the preparation of breads, rolls, muffins, cookies, biscuits, pizza doughs, starter and other bakery Items
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares breads, rolls, muffins, biscuits, and other pastries.
- Reviews production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities.
- Receives ingredients and other supplies from main kitchen and/or pantry as required for daily operations.
- Cuts and weighs dough into uniform portions with knife or divider, molds dough into loaves or other shapes, and places in pans; proofs dough and bakes in oven using peel; inspects product for quality during and after baking and makes adjustments to processes as required.
- Spreads or sprinkles a range of various toppings on specialty baked items.
- Prepares compotes, fillings, and other finishes as required.
- Cleans and maintains work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
- Completes production sheets and other records as required.
- May be required to prepare baked goods for special diets.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar position
- Knowledge of speciality bread including proofing and use of starters
- Previous Bread production cook experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to prepare and bake a variety of pastries, rolls and/or other baked goods.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.