Cafe General Manager
- $60K - $70K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts
Bean Sprouts Café is an award-winning hip & healthy café concept located inside family destinations such as children's museums, science centers, and amusement parks. We are expanding the size of our company in 2019, and love to promote from within!
Our philosoPEA: Spark children’s appetites with yummy, good-for-you food; and delight grown-ups with a happier mealtime!
Our Bean Sprouts culture is for those who aren’t afraid to be silly and playful. You must be comfortable with everything from shouting “YipPEA!” when a customer offers a tip to engaging with rowdy and shy kids.
About the Position:
Bean Sprouts is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced leader with a passion for the Bean Sprouts culture and customer experience.
As the Bean Leader, you uphold Bean Sprouts' mission (philosoPEA) and HIPP core values, ensure each guest has a top-notch Bean Sprouts Experience, and drive sales.
The Bean Leader is responsible for planning, leading, and executing all aspects of running the unit’s day to day operations. This includes leadership in people management, operations, food & beverages, health & hygiene, as well as compliance with all corporate procedures and government regulations.
The Bean Leader is accountable for the business unit's profit and loss statement, budget planning, as well as leading all endeavors to optimize profit while adhering to Bean Sprouts' quality standards and HIPP core values.
All Bean Leaders are cross-trained in both front of house and back of house operations and perform a variety of café duties and responsibilities.
Our ideal Bean Leader will be experienced and comfortable in the training of new Bean Teamers and Bean Leaders that follow them. We are looking for motivated individuals that are enthusiastic in company initiatives and efforts towards exponential company growth!
Above all, our Bean Leader should be a shining example of Bean Sprouts’ HIPP core values of Health, Innovation, Positivity, and Playfulness!
BEANefits and Perks:
- Health care insurance coverage and paid time off for full-time employees
- Discount on food and café merchandise
- Discounts and free tickets to our family destinations
- No night shifts
- No grease!
- An energetic company that values Bean Teamers’ thoughts and innovative ideas
- Must be an energetic self-starter with an enthusiastic demeanor, a team player, and flexibility in this growing company
- 3-5 years of progressive restaurant/café experience including at least one year of full-time general management experience (supervising the whole business unit, including Profit & Loss responsibility)
- Strong leadership and customer service skills; demonstrated sales building, profit, recruiting, training and basic computer skills
- Culinary training or hands-on experience in the kitchen is a major plus
- ServSafe or equivalent food handler’s permit (if you don’t have one, we will help you get one!)
- Be able to reach, bend, and lift up to 25 pounds and work in a standing position for long periods of time
- High school diploma or equivalent
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Live out and create a healthy, innovative, positive, and playful working environment for Bean Teamers.
- Model, uphold, and communicate existing and new policies, practices, and standards.
- Ensure that the established standard operating procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge of Bean Sprouts’ food and beverages, including allergens and ingredients.
- Coach, support, and recognize Bean Teamers by providing performance feedback.
- Staffing of Bean Team, from hiring and training, to enforcing breaks, and making staffing adjustments.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to Bean Sprouts Café's recipes, job aides, and procedures.
- Place and verify orders, conduct inventory, control costs, increase profit, oversee cash handling, etc.
- Ensure all checklists, side jobs, and cleaning projects are completed.
- Enthusiastically deliver the branded Bean Sprouts Experience, which includes Bean Sprouts’ greetings, cheers for tips and birthdays, “Bean appétit” (when delivering food), etc.
- Any additional tasks needed to run the day to day café operations all while giving the ultimate Bean Sprouts Experience.
- Availability to travel out of state for management training
- Assist fellow Bean Leaders at different locations when required
Bean Sprouts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will extend opportunities and bean-efits to Bean Teamers without regard to sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 -$70,000 per year DOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year