Residential Monitor, ITS Program
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Residential Monitor, ITS, provides security and handles emergencies for the facility with primary focus being on Intensive Treatment and Stabilization Program (ITS) residents. Maintain a written log of all activities that occur in facility during shift. Provide assistance to graveyard staff when applicable and is willing to cover overnight shift when needed. Provides peer support, clerical and administrative assistance. Performs and supervises urinalysis collection and other duties as assigned supervisor. If you are compassionate, diligent, resourceful, and dedicated in assisting our local veterans, this is the position for you!
- Provides security and handles emergencies for entire facility
- Monitors resident sign-in /out logs and passes.
- Greets visitors upon arrival on campus
- Monitors visitors sign-in /out logs.
- Screens resident passes.
- Walks compound and inspects buildings and surrounding areas for general security. (Are the doors and gates locked)
- Walks compound and inspects buildings and surrounding areas for safety hazards and maintenance
- Responds to all emergency or security issues that occur during designated
- Contacts emergency first responders or police when appropriate
- Keeps staff informed of all issues concerning
- Immediately notifies supervisory staff when necessary.
- Maintains written log of all activities for entire facility.
- Records in written log, findings and any corrective measures taken of periodic security and safety inspections.
- Records in written log events involving clients or visitors that are out of the ordinary.
- Monitors medications and written medication logs.
- Provides assistance to staff.
- Assures compliance with established rules and guidelines issuing write-ups when necessary
- Provides peer support as needed.
- Performs duties of clerical and administrative assistance.
- Performs data entry when needed.
- Answers phones and logs phone messages.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Registered with AOD Certifying Board
- Has awareness of ASAM/Drug Medi-Cal requirements and/or is willing to be ASAM trained
- Basic understanding of the military
- Must be able to fluently, read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be able to comfortably walk up and down stairs, walk for extended periods of time, sit for periods of time
- Valid California Driver’s License, current vehicle insurance and willing to provide H-6 driving record
- CPR and First Aid training certification (VVSD will train if applicant does not have this)
- Must be able to work within a diverse population and staff
- Must be willing and able to perform urinalysis collection
- Candidate must pass criminal background check and drug screen
- Veteran Status a Plus!
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.