Manager - Little Next Door
- $0.00 Shift
- Part Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
We are looking for a new Floor Manager to join our team!
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the restaurant within the policies and guidelines of the company to ensure customer satisfaction and profit maximization
- Directly perform hands-on work on ongoing basis to train employees and respond to customer service needs
- Provide overall leadership, recognize and motivate members of the team
- Control day-to-day operations by scheduling labor, ordering food and supplies
- Ensure local health and safety codes and company safety and security are met
- Control profit and loss by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing inventory, labor, reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions
- Recruit, interview and hire staff and conduct performance appraisals
- Provide guests with accurate information regarding the restaurant and its operations
- Ensuring excellent levels of customer service on all shifts and properly handles guest complaints/concerns to facilitate repeat business
- Instill a culture of excellence and inspire confidence throughout the restaurant staff while displaying strong leadership skills
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 2 years floor manager experience
- Minimum 4 years supervisory experience
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications and POS system
- Knowledge of local health codes and sanitation laws
- Knowledge of inventory ordering system
- Knowledge of service and food & beverage operations
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills and professional presentation
- Strong people oriented leadership skills
- Strong analytical/decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal communications and presentation skills
- Excellent ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive sales and profits
- Ability to drive initiatives to increase brand loyalty
- Proven success of building and cultivating strong positive working relationships
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Time management and deadline oriented
- Must be effective at listening, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by guests
- Able to walk, sit, and stand continuously throughout the day
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and answer phones.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Lift and/or move up to 25-30 pounds
- MUST be avaliable during the weekends and holidays
The Little Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As you enter The Little Door, you’ll discover a hidden paradise, colorful crowd, romantic courtyard, and elegant displays of rustic Mediterranean cuisine. Winner of the "Best Romantic Restaurant of LA" and the industry’s favorite secret garden.