Feed Mill Laborer
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is in general housekeeping duties associated with the Mill. The incumbent participates regularly in preventative maintenance and assisting mill maintenance personnel as well as assuming other roles when deemed necessary by the supervisor. Responsibilities include upkeep of mill equipment and cleaning and organizing of mill areas. Ensure timely completion of all assigned tasks and following orders in accordance with company policies, procedures and safety rules. Major duties include; clean up, material handling, equipment changeover, minor maintenance, ultimately overseeing the general housekeeping of designated mill areas and equipment as well as plan accordingly to resolve any day to day issues.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Regularly lift items ranging in both size and weight, ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must maintain designated areas to assure they meet company standards.
- The employee will be working in different areas within the Mill, outdoor areas, and any other designated locations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to understand written sentences, effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee is exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and high temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and employee must frequently use protective equipment; protective glasses, dust masks and ear plugs.