- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Our Company is the leader in designing, developing, and implementing high-energy laser systems and processes. We are seeking an automation engineer who will be responsible for development of components of automated processing equipment and high-energy laser systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Report directly to the Engineering Manager.
• Perform engineering projects concerning the development and implementation of processing services and equipment particularly as it relates to robotic and automated systems.
• Develop PLC software for various automated system using ladder logic, function block and text-based programming languages
• Design automated control systems to operate high-energy lasers and processing cells including electrical panels, power distribution and PLC programming.
• Create and maintain electrical schematics and bills of materials.
• Perform all assigned functions in accordance with the requirements of the AS-9100 Quality Management System.
• Ensure analyses and data are accurate and are performed in accordance with appropriate engineering standards using calibrated equipment.
• Support production and development operations as needed.
• Maintain awareness of industry standards and best practices.
• Support Corporate Technologies Mission, Vision, and Goals.
• Recommend policies and procedures that would be of material assistance in the attainment of improved business practices.
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• Experience developing automated machine software using ladder logic, function block or text-based PLC languages. Experience with TwinCAT preferred.
• Experience with automation hardware including robots and PLC’s. Experience with Beckhoff, Phoenix Contact, Kuka, Motoman, EtherCAT and EtherNet/IP preferred.
• Experience with HMI development software and design. Experience with Indusoft preferred.
• Experience with electrical CAD software. Experience with Elecworks or SolidWorks Electrical preferred.
• Experience with AS-9100, ISO 9000 or similar quality systems
• Good technical writing and documentation skills
• Experience reading mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of tools
• BS or better degree in electrical engineering, electrical engineering technology or automation technology
• US Citizen, able to qualify for United States Department of Defense secret clearance
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
Our Company is a fun and challenging place to work with a casual atmosphere. Come join the successful and growing company that pioneered the industry.
Smoke-free and drug-free environment.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience.
Competitive benefits package including medical, dental and 401k.
LSP TECHNOLOGIES IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GREAT PEOPLE TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
LSPT is an exciting place to work! Our company is a world leader in designing, developing, and implementing high-energy laser systems and processes. We offer a fun and challenging work environment with a casual atmosphere, flexible hours, and a family feel. LSPT is a small business that is growing rapidly. We value a strong culture promoting innovation and teamwork, and we expect all LSPT employees to be humble, hungry, and smart.
Humble: At LSPT you are part of a coordinated team delivering customer satisfaction and quality. Each team member plays a critical role in fulfilling our core objectives, and only by working together can we achieve our ambitious goals.
Hungry: LSPT is growing fast, and we need hungry individuals to take our organization to the next level. When we set our sights on a goal, we pursue it tenaciously and never let up until the job is done.
Smart: LSPT is a world leader in state-of-the-art laser processing solutions. We employ seasoned experts across our organization, and value innovative problem solving to keep our products and services on the cutting edge.
Would you like to be part of a pioneering organization? Are you humble, hungry, and smart? Visit our job listing page to view current openings and opportunities.