Northern California Chapter Manager (NCCM)
- $50K - $60K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Northern California Chapter Coordinator (NCCC) position is responsible for the organization and support of the Sacramento and Fresno chapter events and activities. This includes coordinating and supporting chapter leadership and member communication and outreach efforts. The NCCC reports to the Vice President of Membership. The NCCC is a results-oriented person with a strong background in customer service, event planning, and relationship management. An understanding of and prior work experience in the foodservice or hospitality industry or government affairs is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Chapters in planning events in specified areas, including: procuring sponsorships, locations for events, registration, and marketing.
- Managing chapter bylaws and subcommittees, board member recruitment, annual work plans, financials, board meeting minutes, agenda and communications.
- Provides sales support and direction for chapter events and activities, which directly relate to membership growth and retention and the Association’s long-range goals and objectives.
- Responsible to travel to assigned meetings, activities and events as required in the assigned region.
- Required to strengthen member base by maintaining rapport with existing members and chapter leadership through telephone, written and personal contact.
- Responsible for maintaining correct member information into the CRA database, and for keeping an accurate and current record of all contact with the members and prospective members.
- Responsible for providing back-up support to the CRA Member Services Helpline and Legal Center, web site inquiries, and questions from CRA members.
- Adhere to CRA policies and procedures within the Membership Department and the Association.
- Responsible for all other assignments as defined by the Vice President of Membership.
- Identify prospective members within assigned region, and relaying information to the Member Development Managers.
- Responsible for achieving prescribed regional and departmental goals.
- Cooperation and collaboration with all CRA team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires excellent communication and customer service skills and exceptional follow-through. Work experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry, or government affairs is a plus. Associates degree, Bachelors degree preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to members, prospective members and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must have excellent administrative, computer, organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills. Be a team player and show a commitment to excellence.
The physical demands described here are representative to those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.