- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Black Bear Diner is hiring Servers!
We’re looking for new team members that are able to provide friendly, prompt, individualized service that creates a dining experience so positive that all guests will want to return.
- Flexible Schedules
- Competitive Compensation based on experience
- The opportunity to work with an amazing team
- Discounted meals
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and feature items.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system.
- Deliver food and beverages to guests in a timely matter.
- Run food orders from the pick-up window promptly regardless of which server placed the order.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as assigned.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests. Pre-bus tables frequently.
- Prepare bill and present check to guest at appropriate point in service sequence.
- Clean and reset tables promptly. Clean chairs, booths, and surrounding carpet.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Possess verbal and language skills to understand and communicate with guests.
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Possess basic math skills, operate a point-of-sale system, and have the ability to handle money.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver plates of food, as well as supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
Come join the team at this fast growing family dining concept, Apply Today!
Our Bear-ific Culture
The spirit and integrity of our brand starts with our staff. That’s why we only hire the beary best.
Our employees are:
- Self-motivated, with a competitive spirit that inspires others.
- Customer-focused and consistently driven to provide quality service.
- Energetic multi-taskers, who thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional in personal appearance and attitude.
- Friendly team players, ready to lend a hand whenever and wherever it’s needed.
- Skilled, with previous experience in the hospitality industry.
- Perfectly happy with all the bear puns they’re subjected to.
If this type of engaging culture excites you, we encourage you to apply today!